When it comes to keeping your fish happy and healthy, one of the most important things you can do is keep their tank at a consistent temperature. That’s why it’s so important to have a good quality aquarium heater in your arsenal. But with so many different models on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you.
No doubt, fishkeeping may turn into an expensive hobby purchasing so many necessary pieces of equipment!
Don’t worry, though – I’ve got you covered! I’ll share my top 7 picks for the best budget aquarium heaters in this blog post. So whether you’re on a tight budget or just looking for a good deal, there’s sure to be something here for you. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Best Budget Aquarium Heater: Review
Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater
- All Tetra HT heaters have indicator lights to let you know when the heater is on. It will be red when heating and green...
- The HT10 uses a built in electronic theromstat to automatically maintain water at 78° F which is ideal for most...
- Ideal for aquariums between 2 to 10 gallons with hoods or glass canopies
- The HT heater is fully submersbile and can be installed vertically or horizontally. It's small footprint makes it easy...
- Please read all label information upon delivery. DO NOT plug heater into an electrical outlet until it is placed inside...
The Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater is an ideal choice for small to medium fish tanks.
It maintains water temperature automatically and features a built-in electronic thermostat that keeps the temperature steady at 78° F, which is suitable for most tropical fish.
The heater has a compact design with an indicator light so you can see when it’s heating and when the setpoint has been reached. However, the red light means the heater is working, and the green light indicates the tank is at the right temperature.
The Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater is fully submersible and can be installed vertically or horizontally. In addition, its small footprint makes it easy to conceal behind plants or other décors.
But, be careful not to plug the heater into an electrical outlet until it is placed inside the water.
Marineland Precision Heater
- This 50 watt heater is for aquariums up to 12 gallons. Adjustable temperature dial allows you to set the temperature 1...
- Thermal Switch automatically turns off as temperature rises above an internal preset and turns back on once it cools...
- The advanced heating element contains a mica core surrounded by a mesh heating element for superior heat transfer with...
- Advanced mounting bracket securely attaches to glass and provides 3 window positions to view the temperature display
- Easy to view sliding scale tells the exact temperature setting. Top dial view shows the setting from an additional...
The Marineland Precision Heater is an easy way to save both money and energy. You simply set the temperature on the adjustable dial, and the heater will automatically adjust as needed.
It’s important to keep your water above 74 degrees Fahrenheit for your fish, but you don’t want it getting too hot either!
The Thermal Switch turns off when it reaches that preset temperature, so you won’t have to worry about your tank.
Its advanced heating element contains a mica core surrounded by an even distribution of mesh that allows it to transfer heat quickly and efficiently, making this heater durable enough to last for years! Plus, you can adjust 3 window positions to view the temperature display.
The Marineland Precision Heater is an accurate, easy-to-use aquarium heater that allows you to select the precise temperature your fish need. The sliding scale on the heater’s front tells you exactly what setting it’s on, and a top view dial shows the setting from another angle.
EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater
- Fully submersible
- Thermo safey control protects against running dry
- Will automatically turn off when water level dips too low
- TruTemp dial recalibrates the heater for precise temperature regulation
- Made of shock resistant and shatter proof glass for fresh or marine water
The EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater will keep your water at the perfect temperature for your fish. In addition, the Thermo safety control protects against running dry and automatically turns off when the water level dips too low.
The EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater is a compact, reliable heater used in freshwater or saltwater aquariums.
The EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater features an innovative thermal sensor that allows you to adjust the temperature with the turn of a dial. This feature makes it easy to customize your aquarium’s temperature for optimal fish health and growth.
The on/off indicator light is helpful to understand that the heater is running perfectly.
FEDOUR Adjustable Aquarium Heater
- 【More Power and Longer Life】This heater is for 5-10 gallon fish tank, comparing to 25W, this 30W aquarium heater is...
- 【Double Safety Protection】2mm thickened explosion-proof glass, 33% thicker than normal 1.5mm aquarium heaters,...
- 【Application】30W suitable for 5-10Gallon fish tank, suitable for both fresh and marine water, suitable for all kinds...
- 【Adjustable】High-precision temperature control system, adjustable temperature ranges from 68°F to 93°F(20°C -...
- 【Complete accessories】An additional stick-on thermometer as a bonus to detect water temp at any time, and 3pcs...
FEDOUR Adjustable Aquarium Heater is a great item to heat the water in aquariums. It provides more power and heating the same water in shortening the time. And less working time offers more extended life for the heater.
This aquarium heater is suitable for fresh and marine water and perfect for all fish, invertebrates, and plants.
The FEDOUR Adjustable Aquarium Heater has an automatic overheat protection function, which will turn off the heating element to prevent overheating.
It comes with suction cups and a thermometer so that you can adjust the temp as needed and see how high it goes. The suction cup helps hold up the heater in any position, while the thermometer allows you to monitor how warm or cold it gets. All these features are packed into one convenient package!
GMsound Aquarium Heater
- Fully Submersible. Power: 100W. Suggested water volume: 15-45 gal.
- Adjustable Temperature: The temperature of the fish tank heater can be adjusted automatically. Temperature setting...
- High Quality: Aquarium heater made of high quality quartz glass, double seal material , advanced design, ensures safe...
- Set desired aquarium temperature & on/off indicator light confirms operation. *On/off indicator light allows simple,...
- Convenient and Safe: Our aquarium heater thermostat has two suction cups for attachment to the fish tank. The polarized...
The new GMsound Aquarium Heater is a fully submersible digital heater that can be used to heat the water in your fish tank. It has an adjustable temperature range of 65°F-93°F (20°C-34°C), and it can be set to any specific temperature within that range.
The display on the heater makes it easy to read and change the settings, and it also comes with an automatic shut-off function that helps prevent overheating.
The GMsound aquarium heater is made of high-quality quartz glass and double seal material, advanced design, making it safe to use. It can be used for fresh or saltwater aquariums.
The temperature will rise gradually after the heating process starts. It provides a constant warm environment for your tropical fish to stay healthy.
This product has been tested by an independent third-party laboratory and proved to be safe and effective under normal operating conditions.
Hitop Adjustable Aquarium Heater
- Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened explosion proof glass, 33% thicker than the normal, safer for both human and animals.
- Application: 100W water heater is suitable for 10 – 30 gallon tank, also suitable for both saltwater and freshwater.
- Accurate Temperature: Temperatures from 68°F to 93°F (20°C - 34°C), come with a thermometer sticker, convenient to...
- Long Service Life: Adopt 8-slot multi-branched heating wire ceramic frame, shorter length, 9.5*1*1 in(24.5*2.5*2.5 cm),...
- Complete Accessories and Warranty: Except for thermometer, also equipped with 3 suction cups, one for replacement, and...
The Hitop Adjustable Aquarium Heater is an affordable option for various sized tanks. It has an adjustable temperature range of 68-93F, so you can adjust the heater temperature according to your fish needs with the adjustable temperature controller.
The Aquarium heater is made of high-quality stainless steel and plastic. In addition, it comes with a glass guard to prevent burns, making it durable for long-term use.
The heating element is made of ceramic material that is safe and healthy for fish. In addition, it is equipped with a thermometer sticker that can be placed on the aquarium’s glass wall to detect water temperature without another pay.
This aquarium heater comes with 3 suction cups for mounting, making it perfect for placing on any flat surface. It also offers a 12-month warranty so you can’t go wrong!
Fluval M50 Submersible Heater
- Aquarium heater that blends into the aquarium environment with built-in reflective technology that mirrors the...
- Computer-calibrated thermostat and easy-to-adjust temperature control dial
- Shock resistant Borosilicate glass and high density ceramic heat sick
- Easy to install with slim profile tube for easy placement
- 50-watt heater suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums up to 15 gallons with a 3-year warranty
Fluval M Series Submersible Heater is an aquarium heater that blends into the aquarium environment with built-in reflective technology that mirrors the surrounding colors.
A computer-calibrated thermostat and easy-to-adjust temperature control dial allow you to set and maintain a consistent water temperature for your fish. The Fluval M50 Submersible Heater can also be used to heat a small space, making it great for use in reptile tanks and vivariums also.
The Fluval M50 Submersible Heater is an excellent choice for aquariums up to 15 gallons, whereas the Fluval M series comes in 4 different sizes for up to 60-gallon tanks.
Its slim profile tube allows it to be placed in tight spaces and the shock-resistant borosilicate glass helps prevent breakage. In addition, the high-density ceramic heat sink ensures long-lasting performance, and the easy installation makes this heater a convenient one for new aquarium owners!
Best Budget Aquarium Heater: FAQs
Do I really need an aquarium heater?
For most tropical fish aquariums, the temperature should be around 78 degrees Fahrenheit (25 Celsius). So heating a tank is essential for fish keepers. A good quality heater will ensure that the water remains stable and at an ideal temperature, even when you’re away from home!
Do fish tank heaters raise electric bills?
Aquarium heaters will primarily drive up the cost of electricity during winters. This is because it takes more power for them than other months, so if you have any fish tanks in rooms without heating or well-insulated walls, then be sure to get one with an energy-efficiency rating!
Which type of aquarium heater works best?
There are three kinds of aquarium heaters available – substrate heaters, submersible heaters, and inline heaters. Each one has its own advantages, so it’s essential to know which type you need before buying!
Aquarium heaters primarily consist of thermostats, sensors, and detectors. They all work similarly by sending signals to your fish tank when it’s time for them set their desired temperature! So, a good quality heater will meet your need, regardless of their type.
But in terms of affordability, submersible heaters are the best option!
If you’re on a tight budget or just looking for a good deal, there’s sure to be something here for you. Whether it’s because your tank is small and doesn’t need as much heating power, or maybe because the heater that came with your aquarium kit has broken down, I’ve got you covered!
I reviewed 7 products, and hopefully, one of them will do the trick! You will get the best budget aquarium heater!
If all else fails, though, and none of these suit your needs, please feel free to contact us and leave a comment in the comment box!