Don’t ignore the importance of having an aquarium stand if you have a fish tank of 10-gallon or above!
An aquarium stand is the best way to keep your fish safe and sound. A good quality one will be sturdy, strong enough for the weight of water in their tanks, but still, look sleek. So it doesn’t take away from what you’re trying to achieve when decorating – which we all know isn’t easy!
Aquarium stands come in all shapes and sizes. You can find them made of all sorts of materials and in a variety of different styles. So, how do you know which one is the best aquarium stand for you? In this blog post, I will share my 16 top picks for the best aquarium stands on the market today!
Best Aquarium Stand For Small Tanks
Flipper 10/20 Gallon Aquarium Stand
The Flipper 10/20 Gallon Aquarium Stand is perfect for your needs. It’s made of high-quality materials and comes in a beautiful medium brown woodgrain finish. Plus, it’s easy to assemble – just two adults are recommended.
You want your fish tank to look good, and with this stand, it will. The unique patent design can support a 10-gallon or a 20-gallon fish tank.
Your tank will look great and be safe and secure on this stand.
- It can be flipped to accommodate a bigger size.
- Effortless to set up.
- Sturdy construction.
- Aesthetically very beautiful.
- The cabinet is perfect for keeping small tools and supplies.
- Wood finish may bleed if wet.
- The internal cabinet isn’t big enough.
All Glass Aquarium Stand
The ‘All Glass Aquarium’ 15 Column Stand is a great choice for anyone looking to save some money while still getting a sturdy and functional piece of furniture. It’s affordable, easy to set up, and includes plenty of storage space.
While the storage is somewhat awkwardly shaped, there’s no denying this stand’s cabinet is large and easy to access.
Due to its knockdown style, building it is a breeze!
I wanted to highlight the All Glass Aquarium 15 Column Stand as one of the best aquarium stands for the money because it’s only suitable for aquariums that are taller than they are wide.
- Very inexpensive product.
- Effortless assembly.
- It has a large amount of storage capacity.
- Not fit for many popular tank sizes.
- Not soundproof.
Finomenal Aquarium Stand for 10/20 Gallon
Finomenal Aquarium Stand is made of solid wood and doesn’t use particleboard. It will hold adequate weight to be used for 10/20-gallon aquariums.
The storage space underneath the tank allows you to store food and other supplies in one easy-to-reach place. Plus, there’s a cabinet on top that provides extra storage space!
You won’t find an aquarium stand like this anywhere else! This product has no flimsy particle board – just sturdy wood that holds up over time. And with its white finish and blacktop, it looks great whether or not you have an aquarium sitting on top of it!
- Sturdy construction with wooden boards.
- Visually very appealing.
- The cabinet under the tank is perfect.
- The versatile stand is ideal for marine tanks and terrariums.
- Barely can handle a heavy 20-gallon tank.
- The instruction book is not clear to understand.
HG Fluval Flex 15g Stand
The Fluval Flex features two open shelves bounded by graceful S-curves and can hold up to 15 gallons of water. It also has a low footprint, so it doesn’t take up too much space in your home.
You won’t have to worry about hiding away large equipment with this stand because it includes two open shelves that are easy to access. This stand is perfect for anyone who wants an attractive way to display their fish tank without sacrificing storage space or functionality!
It’s not only stylish and modern, but it’s also functional. You can easily place your aquarium on top of this stand without worrying about stability or safety – it was explicitly designed to securely hold an aquarium.
- It looks terrific.
- Comes with big storage compartments.
- Compact and doesn’t take up much space.
- Easy to assemble.
- It is pricey.
- Not for large-sized tanks.
More Available Options
Aqueon Forge Aquarium Stand
- Reversible wood panels: brown or black
- One or two aquariums per stand
- Easy 6 7-step setup
- Durable steel construction
- Rust-resistant powder coated finish
Flipper Wildwood 20 Gallon Aquarium Stand
- Add a touch of rustic style to your living room with the Wildwood 20 Gallon Aquarium Stand for tanks up to 20 gallons or...
- The stand is crafted from a rustic brown and gray undertone wood veneer and has laminated particleboard with black metal...
- The 2 doors open up to 2 spacious shelves to house your fish food, nets, water treatments and more
- Coordinate your living room with the Wildwood Fireplace TV Stand to carry on the rustic feel
- Each aquarium stand ships flat to your door and need to be assembled upon opening. The stand holds a 20 gallon tank or...
Best Aquarium Stand For Medium Tanks
Coralife Biocube Aquarium Stand
Do you have a Coralife Biocube aquarium? If so, then this stand is perfect for your tank! It is also a good match for any 29/32 gallon fish tank!
It’s sturdy and stable, with a solid back panel to keep it from tipping over. The door features a black tinted acrylic panel and slim handle, which adds elegance to any room while providing easy access to all of your supplies.
There’s even an extra shelf on top where you can store essential tools, equipment, or food.
It’s not just a fantastic product but also an incredible experience you can have every day of your life!
- Looks very pleasing.
- Plenty of space in the cabinet.
- Comes with convenient ports for tank equipment.
- Very delicate and get scratched quickly.
Petco Brand – Imagitarium Preferred Winston Tank Stand –
The Imagitarium Preferred Winston Tank Stand is an attractive way to showcase the beauty of your aquarium or terrarium. Its solid construction ensures added durability, and its adjustable shelf provides convenient storage.
The rich espresso stain finish will look great in any room, too! And this stand fits tanks up to 29 gallons.
You can easily adjust this stand to fit your needs with its adjustable shelves so that you can store all of your supplies within easy reach.
The sturdy design means you won’t have to worry about tipping over when you place heavy items on the top shelf!
Everything is assured knowing that this unit has been tested by a qualified quality control team and meets all industry standards for stability.
- Very stylish in look.
- Adjustable shelves with large spaces.
- Very easy to assemble.
- It gets damaged if wet.
Petco Brand – Imagitarium Brooklyn Metal Tank Stand
Looking for a sleek and sturdy fish tank stand? Look no further than the Petco Brand – Imagitarium Brooklyn Metal Tank Stand. This stand is made with durable solid steel; its sturdy construction is perfect for any aquarium or terrarium.
This Petco brand metal tank stand is made with durable solid steel and sturdy construction. In addition, it features adjustable feet for leveling before adding your tank.
It looks excellent with any aquarium or terrarium, and the sleek and modern design with a black finish will look great in your home!
Suitable for a 40-gallon tank, this fish tank stand is a must-have for any fish enthusiast.
- Extremely sturdy stand.
- Easy to set up.
- It looks unique and extraordinary.
- Adjustable feet.
- No shelves or cabinets.
- Relatively pricey.
More Available Options
B R 20/29-Gallon Paneled Aquarium Fish Stand
- Enjoy the strength and beauty of this 20/29 gallon stand
- The hinged door on the decorative aquarium stand opens to reveal a storage space for your aquarium cleaning supplies,...
- Very sturdy and definitely has a clean look
- Tank Not Included
Fluval Accent Stand for Aquarium, Espresso
- Designed for use with Fluvial Accent aquarium
- Custom-designed cutout on the back panel allows you to easily connect Fluvial Accent's Simpletec system
- Ample storage space
- Measures 31-1/2 Inch length x 31 Inch height x 14-3/8 Inch width
Best Aquarium Stand For Large Tanks
Aqua Culture Deluxe Aquarium
If you’re looking for a stand that can hold your 55-gallon tank, look no further because the Aqua Culture Deluxe Aquarium Stand is perfect for you!
It has a ton of storage space and can hold up a tank full of water. In addition, it looks great with its reversible panels in black or wood grain.
It’s easy to assemble, and it looks great in any room. Plus, it won’t break the bank! And with its water-resistant finish, there’s no need to worry about damage from humidity or spills!
You can have your dream aquarium without spending all of your money on an expensive custom-made stand. With this affordable option, you can get everything you need in one convenient package that will look great in any home or office space.
- Very sturdy to hold a full 55-gallon tank.
- Effortless to assemble.
- Ample storage space.
- The outer finishing is water-resistant.
- Relatively expensive.
Aquatic Fundamentals 16751 Aquarium Stand –
Do you have a large fish tank, and are you looking for a stand?
The Aquatic Fundamentals aquarium stand is the perfect solution for your needs. It’s made in America with high-quality materials and construction that will last for years.
Aquatic Fundamentals aquarium stands are the perfect way to show off your fish tank and keep it sturdy at the same time!
These aquarium stands look great and provide a moisture-resistant finish to protect your furniture.
It has two front doors to easily access your equipment, and there’s an open back with one support brace to let cords or tubes run through without cutting away panels.
This stand will ensure that your aquarium looks great while keeping all of your equipment organized and accessible.
- Very sturdy aquarium stand.
- It can hold large tanks up to 90 gallons.
- Visually appealing.
- It has large cabinets.
- It takes a huge space.
More Available Options
Ollie & Hutch Farmington 55 Gallon Aquarium Stand
- Get an aquarium stand that fits your needs with the Ollie & Hutch Farmington 55 Gallon Aquarium Stand
- Made of laminated MDF and particleboard, the weathered off-white finish gives the Stand a rustic look
- The Stand can support aquariums up to 55 gallons and features an open back to make attaching tank accessories simple....
- The 2 shelves behind each of the 2 doors can hold all of your nets, cleaning equipment, and food
- The Stand ships flat to your door and 2 adults are recommended to assemble. Stand can support 55 gallon tanks up to 660...
Flipper Wildwood 55 Gallon
- Add a touch of rustic style to your living room with the Wildwood 55 Gallon Aquarium Stand for tanks up to 55 gallons or...
- The stand is crafted from a rustic brown with gray undertone wood veneer and has laminated particleboard with black...
- The 4 doors open up to 4 spacious shelves to house your fish food, nets, water treatments and more
- Coordinate your living room with the Wildwood Fireplace TV Stand to carry on the rustic feel
- Each aquarium stand ships flat to your door and need to be assembled upon opening. The stand holds a 55 gallon tank or...
LANDEN Aquarium Stand and Cabinet
- 【Humanized Features】 The black nano foam leveling pad on top of the booth and the internal padding have provides...
- 【Adjustable Door】The hinges are made of 304 stainless steel, which is corrosion-resistant and more suitable for...
How To Select The Best Aquarium Stand
Let’s begin by talking about choosing the best aquarium stand for your fish tank.
The Aquarium’s Size, Weight, And Shape
The most important thing to remember while looking for an aquarium stand is to know the size of your aquarium’s bottom. Most aquarium manufacturers will provide you with the dimensions, so you don’t have to measure anything, but you can measure it just to be sure.
Once you know this, you can make sure you get a stand that fits the entire tank without any parts protruding.
You can refer to the table below for a list of standard aquarium dimensions.
Your aquarium’s characteristics must be considered when looking for a suitable platform.
A proper stand that is both strong and durable should be used to support a giant, heavier aquarium. The tank’s gallon capacity should be matched by the stand’s strength.
Water weighs roughly 9 pounds per gallon on average. The more gallons you add to your aquarium, the heavier it will become. When you add all of the rocks, décor, and substrate to the bottom of the aquarium, it becomes even weighty. However, saltwater weighs somewhat more than freshwater.
Some stands are designed to handle rectangular aquariums, while others are made to fit aquariums with bow-shaped fronts.
Make sure the stand you purchase fits the shape of your aquarium.
The Material Used To Construct The Stand
When seeking to buy an aquarium stand, there are various materials to choose from.
The following materials are popular:
The least expensive option is the metal particleboard. It’s the type of wood commonly utilized to make store-branded displays.
Despite its low cost, particleboard is not suited for supporting saltwater tanks. In addition, if exposed to dampness, wood does not blend well and may decay over time.
Plywood is the most common material, and many high-end brands use it.
It is far more robust than MDF and is frequently used to construct furniture and cabinets. Plywood is a good choice for a longer-lasting material that can support heavy tanks.
Finally, metal stands are frequently used to support larger aquariums. This is because metal has exceptional structural strength, allowing it to handle heavier loads for more extended periods without experiencing damage.
It’s critical to consider the humidity of your aquarium while designing your stand.
And lastly, buying a stand that isn’t designed for a saltwater tank, for example, could cause it to deteriorate, crumble, and injure your fish.
The Space Of The Shelves
Your aquarium stand must have ample storage space for all of your aquarium accessories.
Reef aquariums, for instance, necessitate a significant quantity of equipment. Tanks with huge door openings and enough space can help you hide this equipment while still maintaining the aesthetics of your tank.
If you want a sump in your aquarium, you’ll need to factor in the space it will take up when looking for a stand.
If you want to keep your aquatic environment tidy, look for a tank with hidden storage and holes in the backboard to pass the wiring through.
Efforts Required To Set Up
If you’re a newbie aquatic hobbyist or plan to upgrade your tank at some point in the future, you should buy a tank stand that’s simple to set up.
The ease of setup is an often ignored issue that can lead to a slew of problems if not taken into account.
Metal-to-metal cam fittings are more challenging to assemble than wooden screws are included with some supports.
Before you buy a stand, think about how much experience you have put things together.
Height Of The Aquarium Stand
The visibility and accessibility of your aquarium will be affected by the height of your stand.
If you have a small tank with a few different fish species, a tall stand will make it much easier for you to see and interact with your fish.
Stands with adjustable feet are also available. However, others are set in their ways regarding their height.
This option is helpful if you want to adjust the height of your tank to fit its surroundings.
Look You Want To Achieve
If the aesthetic of your tank is vital to you.
The look you want for your aquarium should be considered before purchasing it, as there are many different shapes and sizes available on today’s market- from slim to wide racks with antique wood finishes or even metal brackets if that’s what suits their style best!
The key to choosing a logical and acceptable purchase is striking a balance between aesthetic value and product quality.
Glass Or Acrylic Tank
While glass aquariums require support around the borders, acrylic aquariums require support throughout the bottom.
The bottom borders of glass aquariums must be supported. A stand with an open or closed top will work nicely with a glass aquarium as long as the tank is held correctly.
To support the glass aquarium’s edges, use four flexible mats. Only one should not be used to hold the entire bottom of a glass tank; if the support surface is not flat, this can easily break the glass.
The entire bottom must be supported, not just the sides, to prevent bowing or splitting in acrylic aquariums. This is because acrylic is more pliable than glass.
To support an acrylic tank, you’ll need a stand with a flat surface on top. The tank can be placed directly on a flat surface without using a mat. If you’re using a mat, make sure it’s completely flat.
Moisture-Proof Or Not
Aquariums, as you might expect, produce a lot of moisture. It’ll happen due to humidity, evaporation, spilling from cleanings, or just regular splashing from your happy aquatic inhabitants. As a result, it’s critical to have a stand that can withstand all types of wetness.
If you’re making a saltwater reef habitat, keep in mind that you’ll have to deal with salt creep.
Important Tips To Assemble An Aquarium Stand
The majority of aquarium stands are delivered in parts and must be assembled. Even though they come on a broader range of shapes, colors, and materials, they all require you – the ultimate end user to set up the device.
Assembling an aquarium stand is a task where you should never contemplate missing any stages because it is such a vital piece of equipment. Therefore, follow the Aquarium stand assembly instructions carefully.
- Do not utilize furniture that was not built to resist the stresses and strains that an aquarium full of water, decorations, and gravel will place in such a small space.
- Placing an aquarium on any electrical object is very dangerous. This is because water and electricity do not combine. So if some water is spilled, the unit will be short-circuited. As a result, a fire could be ignited in the worst-case scenario. To be safe, utilize a stand designed specifically for the aquarium and the weight it can support.
- The stand should be sturdy and solid once you’ve assembled it. It should sit properly on its legs and not wobble or shake. If feasible, adjust the legs to ensure that the aquarium sits securely on the support and that the complete set is squarely on the floor.
- Another tip is to make sure the interface between the fish tank and the stand is level before placing the tank on it. Taking the extra few seconds to test with a correct level is undoubtedly worth it.
What Is The Best Place To Set Up An Aquarium Stand?
The aquarium’s and its stands’ long-term safety is dependent on the location you place them. So make sure you know where to put them.
There are a few things to keep in mind when setting up the stand.
A tank should be placed near a supporting wall if at all possible. When people move around near the aquarium, this reduces vibration and movement. Their weight on a shaky floor can create a lot of havoc in the aquarium.
It’s also crucial that the aquarium’s chosen position prevents direct sunlight from entering the tank. Sunlight promotes algae growth, which should never be allowed into the tank.
A placement distant from heating or cooling ducts is preferable. A heater will keep the temperature stable and consistent throughout time in the aquarium. But heating and cooling ducts nearby can affect the setting, causing temperature fluctuations that are harmful to the fish.
I hope my reviews helped you understand why these aquarium accessories are so important. Aquarium stands are more than just decorative items; they are inextricably linked to aquariums.
Without one, you can’t have an aquarium if you want it to be both pet’s habitat and an art piece.
If neither of those options appeals to you, don’t be afraid to utilize your newly acquired knowledge to pick the best aquarium stand on your own.
Best of luck, and as always, let us know how it goes in the comments!