The 30 Best Aquarium Lights - (2021 Review by Category)
Aquarium hobbyists love to decorate their fish tanks as per their aesthetic choice. The lighting can create such a dreamy effect in your aquarium that no other decors can do. Moreover, the light is not only for the decorative purpose for all aquariums.
If the fishkeeper wishes to have a planted aquarium, lighting is crucial for plant growth. Expert aquarists who maintain coral reef tanks need to equip their aquariums with special illuminations.
The lighting selection for your aquarium as per your choice and need is a little tricky task. It is a big question which one will be the best aquarium light for you!
In this article, we’ll talk about how you should select the right lighting for your aquarium. Simultaneously, to make your search process more comfortable, we include product review sections by category.
The 10 Best Aquarium Lights for Planted Fish Tanks
For planted aquariums, adequate lighting is a must to make sure the proper growth of plants. Manufacturers design some lighting arrangements, especially for planted aquariums. We picked the ten best aquarium lights for planted aquarium by analyzing the market and customer’s feedback.
NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light
If you want to illuminate your aquarium with a low budget LED light fixture, Nicrew LED Planted Aquarium Light can be the right choice for you. For better quality and stylish design, Nicrew LED light is quite popular among aquarium keepers.
Nicrew Classic LED light has a strong reputation for its durability. The lighting housing is Aluminium made, which is light-weighted. Structured aluminum housing optimizes heat dissipation; thus, it prevents lights from overheating. Nicrew LED lights are for planted aquariums, especially.
The full-spectrum LED lights with four colors are perfect for plant growth as well as it looks gorgeous. You can use this light both for freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
You can fix this light with different sized aquariums with adjustable brackets, which is a great benefit indeed. If you want a planted aquarium and planning it within a low budget, you can choose Nicrew LED lights without any hesitation. This one is not only a budget-friendly product but also a quality one. You will get one year warranty for it, and overall it is a decent package.
- Good quality LED lights at a low price.
- You can choose a suitable one from 5 different sizes.
- Adjustable docking mounts make it fit in tanks of any size.
- Full-spectrum bright lights help growing plants.
- Midnight blue and daylight white effects create eye-catching beauty.
- You have to take extra protection as it is not waterproof.
- Some users expect a built-in timer with lights, and you will not get it from this one.
COODIA RGBW LED Light for Aquarium/Fish Tank
COODIA RGBW LED Light is in the second place of our list. This one is another popular choice among aquarium keepers. No doubt, this product is in demand for its quality, durability, and style.
If you are a beginner and planning to start a planted aquarium in a moderate budget, you can go for this light. Very straightforward to set up, just put it on the top of the aquarium and switch it on.
The multicolor spectrum is beneficial for the growth of aquatic plants; at the same time, it creates beautiful lighting effects in your aquarium. A 2.4G remote controller enables lighting selection and brightness adjustment. It can work through the wall; that means you can control lighting effects from anywhere of your home. Wow!
- High-quality RGB LEDs emit wavelengths essential for growing plants.
- Five different sizes are available, and you choose the suitable one for you.
- The extendable bracket makes it fit for tanks of different sizes.
- A dedicated and professional power supply system make it energy-efficient and durable.
- Useable for both freshwater and saltwater tanks.
- No moonlight effect, some users expect it for night time.
- Some users complain brightness is too high.
Hagen Fluval Plant Bluetooth Nano LED Aquarium Light
If you are a fancy hobbyist and own a small-sized planted aquarium, this smart lighting would be an excellent choice. This light is super user-friendly, easy to operate, and at the same time, it provides uniformly distributed full spectrum wavelengths without any dead spots.
For lighting control, you can use the FluvalSmart App on your mobile device, which is super easy to operate. You can program it for 24 hours lighting cycle like sunrise, midday sunset, and night. You can also set three types of habitat light configurations: Lake Malawi, Tropical, and Planted. Sounds impressive, huh? Less effort and high output.
Overheating and moisture intrusion are the leading causes of light burnout. The encased aluminum casing provides effective heat dissipation and prevents water intrusion. High Thermal Efficiency LED lights are more heat sustainable. These features altogether make the light long-lasting with spectral performance.
- Fully adjustable for positioning in all orientations.
- Independent color control.
- Six unique band waves to get full spectrum results.
- Uniform lighting distribution without dead spot.
- Useful to grow bigger, more vibrant plants in a small freshwater aquarium.
- A bit pricy compared to the size.
- Some users complain about the app to control the lighting is hard to operate.
Finnex Planted+ 24/7 LED KLC Aquarium LED Light
Imagine you are viewing a small aquatic wonderland in front of you, where sunrise and sunset occur naturally like the real world! Amazing one, isn’t it? If the fishkeeping is your passion and you want to set up a planted aquarium, we’ll suggest you for this product.
Not only mind-blowing lighting effects but also you will get a 7000 multicolor blend that is perfectly ideal for aquarium plant growth. The hands-free simulation effects start with fresh dawn, followed by a warm sunrise morning, and then comes an intense color blazing high noon.
From the shiny noon, it starts again scaling down to a red sun drowned sunset and finishes with a blue moonlight at night. You can set the day effect as thunderstorms, cloudy days, sunny days with a single click of a button.
LED wireless sensor and the upgraded remote controller make the lighting control super user-friendly. With the controller, you can customize your effect preference, if you do not want to use the 24/7 effects.
The light fixture interacts with the controller via a sensorless endcap. It makes the installation sleek and aesthetically pleasing. The fixture legs are adjustable and can slide inwards for shorter aquariums. If you have a giant rimmed aquarium, you can simply remove the fixture’s inner portion to accommodate such a width.
- A waterproof splashguard ensures longevity.
- Available in five different sizes.
- Lighting control is super smart with a lot of variation options.
- Features available to fit in different sized aquariums.
- 7k multicolor blend useful for plant growth.
- This light is not so budget-friendly.
- Some users complained about the timing and intensity of the 24/7 feature that they are inadequate for plant growth.
NICREW SkyLED Aquarium Light for Planted Tanks
This one is another Nicrew light! Budget-friendly and durable as like other products of this brand. If you plan to set up a medium planted aquarium with low light plants, this Nicrew LED light is an excellent option for you within a small budget.
Nicrew lights have a reputation for their durability. In this model, an improved in-line switch added another dimension to prevent damage. The extendable bracket feature is available for this model, you can make it fit for various aquarium sizes.
The aluminum housing can optimize heat dissipation and prevent overheating; at the same time, it is light in weight, comfortable to handle.
- Available in four different sizes.
- Independent control for white and color LED.
- Improved in-line switch reduces light burnout.
- An extendable bracket makes it fit for different sizes.
- Aluminum alloy housing is light-weight and long-lasting.
- The light housing is not waterproof.
- The light spectrum is only suitable for low and medium light plants.
Hygger 9.7 Inches Blue White LED Aquarium Light
Though we have selected this one as a planted aquarium light, you can have it for versatile uses. It is suitable for saltwater tanks up to 30 gallons. It can provide enough lighting for your fish as well as other inhabitants.
The LED light has the potential to enhance photosynthesis for aquarium plants. In our judgment, Hygger LED light is one of the best aquarium lights for planted aquarium in a low budget.
The manufacturer recently redesigned the holding clip in the response of the customer’s feedback, and now this light fits for rim and rimless fish tanks up to 0.9 inches. The aluminum alloy shell is ultra-thin and well-structured; it optimizes heat dissipation excellently.
This light is straightforward to install, just simply clamp the light with the rim of the tank and switch it on, that’s it. Tiy can adjust the angle of focus by gently turning the gooseneck clamp. Two lighting effects enhance the beauty of your aquarium.
- The acrylic casing is splash resistant.
- The sleek and light design makes it easy to handle.
- Bright enough for the photosynthesis of plants.
- Widely useable for saltwater and planted aquarium.
- Easy to install and long-lasting.
- Some users complained about the brightness is too high to enhance algae growth.
ONF Nano Aquarium Light Plant Light
ONF Nano Aquarium Light Plant Light! The name sounds unusual, isn’t it? This one is a light-weighted light for planted aquariums, a luxurious one for elite fishkeepers. If you have a planted aquarium smaller than 10 gallons and are ready to invest in creating aesthetically pleasing aquascape fixtures, go for it.
You will get powerful nano light with the highest luminous efficiency. During lighting adjustment, it will not shock your eyes or aquarium inhabitants, because it has a gradual ramp up/down feature. You can adjust the intensity of nano light and make it perfect for all types of aquarium plants.
There is an option to change the flat nano from two to six inches from the top of the aquarium and dim the light at various levels. The correct colors and brightness mimic the natural underwater effect of sunlight. You can save the effect settings with a built-in timer and display it after re-turning even when using a timer.
The adjustable bracket is useful for plant growth and comfortable installing in aquariums of various width. You can turn the light 360 degrees with a smooth swivel that allows quick maintenance and keeps the lighting unit safe from water exposure.
Supreme quality and unique design altogether make this nano aquarium worthy of its price.
- Perfect design makes freshwater planted aquarium grow healthy and thrive.
- Versatile for various types of plants, low lights and high lights whatever.
- Powerful but energy-efficient lighting.
- Heat dissipation design makes it durable.
- They provide one year warranty and friendly customer service.
- It is expensive.
- Use is limited for small freshwater planted aquarium only.
Finnex FugeRay Planted Aquarium LED Light
Finnex is a trendy brand for aquarium lights. They provide a wide variety of lighting units for various purposes. This model we are discussing is also very popular with an excellent amazon review rating.
According to user reviews, this Finnex light is perfect for planted aquarium below 10-gallon size. The intensity and quality of light are excellent for plant growth. The adjustable neck makes it easy to set up in the different sized aquariums.
- Provides sufficient lighting output for planted aquariums.
- Two lighting effects enhance the beauty of aquariums.
- Straightforward to set up with an adjustable neck.
- Provides good quality at a low price.
- Some users complained the mountain bracket is over large.
- The control box accumulates some heat output.
JackSuper Aquatic Plant Aquarium Light for Small Fish Tank
In our list of the ten best aquarium lights for planted ones, we include various products, and they are different in sizes and prices. Because we know different people have different needs and it is not wise to fill the list with high capacity and pricy lights only.
The JackSuper Aquatic Plant Aquarium Light is primarily for small fish tanks. This one is a decent quality product at a low price. The manufacturers claim to design this light professionally for fish, frog, turtle, cichlids, and aquarium plant cultivation. The user’s feedback supports their claim to be valid.
The high luminance LEDs provide full-spectrum white light that can render any object closest to the natural color. Aluminum alloy shell makes this light lighter than any other, and it allows heat dissipation for faster cooling.
Very simple to set up, two extendable mounting brackets allow you to adjust the length to fit your fish tank from 8.5 inches to 11.2 inches. Overall this one is a beautiful lighting unit for small aquariums.
- Available in three different sizes.
- The JackSuper Aquatic Plant Aquarium Light is lighter than most other lights.
- Suitable for aquarium plant cultivation.
- The adjustable bracket is useful to fix in different aquariums.
- Reasonable in price.
- Many users complained about the holding screw as it is not strong enough to firmly hold the light with tank rim.
Hygger Auto On Off Planted Aquarium Light
Hygger Auto On Off Planted Aquarium Light can create an optimal condition for your fish and aquatic plants. This planted aquarium light features a programmable option for setting the 24-hour cycle (Sunrise, Midday, Sunset, Night).
There are many user-friendly adjustment features to customize effect settings just to the point of your aesthetic preference. You can use a memory function, set the intensity and colors of the light.
It has features to mimic sunrise and sunset, fine-tune lighting schedule, auto on/off, and many more. You can slowly ramp up/down brightness change so that your aquatic friends don’t get a sudden shock.
Fully water-resistant, so you need not worry about accidental water splash. The well-structured aluminum housing is efficient for heat dissipation and can prevent moisture intrusion.
The adjustable mounting legs allow you to fit it in aquariums up to 6 inches width variation. It provides a low voltage DC adapter, that is safe to use and saves energy. You can set this light very quickly; just place it on top of your aquarium and leave it. Then it will run automatically by the default setting.
You can change the default setting with the help of the user manual provided with the box. For more technical detail, you can also visit the manufacturer’s website.
- It has so many user-friendly adjustable options.
- LCD display timer helps easy adjustment.
- Bright LEDs are ideal for freshwater planted aquariums.
- Easy to set up and adjustable for use in aquariums with width variation up to inches.
- The water-resistant feature makes it more long-lasting.
- Available in six different sizes.
- Many users complained that the instruction is not explicit, which makes it hard to program.
The 10 Best Aquarium Lights for Marine Coral Reef Tanks
Coral reef aquariums need special lightings. Naturally, reef tank keepers are very concerned about creating the appropriate environment in their coral reef aquariums. Blue and violet light spectrums are suitable for the health and coloration of corals, and this theory is scientifically proven. We picked the ten best lights for coral reef tanks.
Current USA Orbit Marine LED Light
There are many marine coral reef fish tanks in the market. Still, we choose the Current USA Orbit Marine LED Light at the top of our list for a vast number of the positive feedback it gets from users.
The ultra-bright LEDs with a broader color spectrum can make your corals and fish look even more spectacular. It will provide a loop control for the aquarium pump and light, which will bring you aquarium experience on a whole new level.
This LED light can emit a perfect color combination for fish, inverts, live rock, and corals to fluoresce and look fantastic. The lighting unit uses wide-angle dispersion lenses, which ensure uniform spectrum distribution throughout the whole aquarium.
You can set realistic effects that mimic 24 hours natural biorhythmic lighting cycle. You can create cloud cover effects and storm, storm modes will blow you away with lightning strikes. If you want to add excitement and intrigue to your aquarium, you will barely get a better option than this lighting unit.
- Easy to install, extendable brackets allow this LED light to fit aquariums up to 6 inches variation in size.
- LEDs with a broad spectrum intensifies color and growth.
- Smart control with a lot of effects combination. Once you set your preference and save it, your job is done.
- Energy-efficient and durable.
- The programming can be a bit complicated for some users.
- The moonlight effect may not satisfy you as per expectation.
NICREW Aquarium LED Reef Light
Coral reef aquariums need proper lighting for the growth of coral. This Nicrew LED can provide full-spectrum (popular blue spectrum, red, green, and Violet+UV), which promotes optimal coral growth for small and medium reef tanks.
You don’t have to be an expert in lighting and programming. The inherent design of the Nicrew HyperReef LED could meet the essential lighting requirements of corals.
This lighting unit has two channels, blue and white; you can operate both channels together or independently. A touch control will allow you to set the effect and adjust the spectrum and intensity.
Smart fans for extra heat dissipation ensure that overheating does not occur; thus, they increase the lights’ longevity. This light is easy to mount on any type of aquarium, and if you buy a hanging kit, you can suspend it above the aquarium.
- Straightforward to operate, not complicated like programmable controllers.
- The full-spectrum is perfect enough to meet the needs of corals.
- It provides multiple types of mountain solutions.
- Dedicated fans for cooling, thus ensures a prolonged lifetime.
- This light has compatibility with Nicrew 24/7 digital timer.
- Many users have complained about the mounting issue.
- Use is limited to small reef tanks.
Relassy Coral Reef LED Aquarium Light
The Relassy Coral Reef LED Aquarium Light produces vitamin D3, which can make calcium absorption capacity of marine tank inhabitants better, thus display brighter color and promote their growth.
Perfect blue and white lights with features to distribute uniformly throughout the whole aquarium with a low light loss promotes plants and coral growth better than most other lights. The lighting effect is as beautiful as it mimics an underwater wonderland with a dreamy upshot.
Lights are dimmable with a three-channel combination, and all three channels are adjustable independently. You can easily adjust the lighting as per the requirement of your corals, reef, fish, and plants.
The advanced aviation aluminum back panel ensures excellent heat dissipation, therefore, no requirement of additional cooling fans. A fan makes sound and takes energy to run, so it is a better design if you can eliminate the fan.
- Provides a larger irradiation area for your reef tank.
- Intrinsically safe and energy saving.
- Independent control of three channels helps precise adjustment.
- They provide friendly customer support.
- There is no option to save your settings, so you can keep nothing in case of a power outage.
- There is no timing function.
WILLS Newest LED Aquarium Light for Coral Reef Fish Tank
Most of the users are satisfied with WILLS Newest LED Aquarium Light For Coral Reef FishTank. The science behind the appropriate lighting that promotes coral growth is about perfect balancing the Lumen output and coverage.
Manufacturer claim to design this Wills light scientifically to meet the purpose of coral reef marine tanks. The complete spectrum can promote photosynthesis for plant growth, thus provide enough oxygen for aquarium creatures, making them healthy.
Each light performs a different role for aquarium inhabitants. Red light promotes healthy growth of fish; Blue light provides vitamins D3, helping corals absorb calcium and grow healthy; purple light to sterilize and control fish growth.
To beautify your aquarium, they provide a 90° crystal lens so that light can penetrate deep in the water and create an optimal lighting environment. There are two lighting channels, you can turn on together or separately and adjust them independently from 0 to 100% brightness.
- The 90-degree lens is a useful feature that can penetrate deep inside the water.
- Powerful cooling fans ensure quick heat dissipation.
- Provides the option to connect several lights in series with power cords for bigger aquarium. (Daisy Chain Function)
- They offer a year warranty and friendly customer service.
- Some users complained that the spectrum is not satisfactory as expected.
NICREW Marine LED Fish Tank Light for Coral Reef Tanks
This one is another Nicrew LED light for the marine tank, which has excellent positive customer feedback. If you have a small coral reef tank, one of this light will be just perfect.
For larger tanks, you can use more than one. It can create an ideal color combination for the saltwater environment with a full, balanced spectrum. You can simulate a gradual sunrise and fading sunset effect with the dual-channel timer.
This light is available in different sizes. With an extendable bracket, it is useable for aquariums up to 36 inches length. Like all other Nicrew lights, the structured aluminum housing is beneficial for heat dissipation, making it durable.
- The dual-channel timer can control the white and blue lighting channels independently.
- Lighting effects are perfect for marine fish, live rock, and corals.
- This lighting is intrinsically safe for aquarium use. (20V DC fixture)
- The aluminum alloy is suitable for heat dissipation and durable.
- The lighting unit is not waterproof, you have to ensure a glass/acrylic canopy the prevent moisture intrusion.
AquaIllumination AI Prime 16 HD Reef Aquarium LED
This one is an HD prime reef aquarium light with an elegant, stylish look. Better efficiency and better aesthetics make this light a prime choice for reef tank keepers.
It can emit a broader spectrum to promote coral growth. Brings more color to your aquarium, and this light is capable of producing an innumerable number of spectral combinations.
You can use the smartphone for lighting adjustment, and no more additional controller needed. A special feature of AquaIllumination AI Prime 16 HD Reef Aquarium LED is it can dynamically adjusts power available to each color, borrowing power from the colors you’re not utilizing.
That means it is not limited to use a fixed amount of power per channel and can give you the most vivid spectrum you have ever seen. The manufacturer improved the water resistance feature that makes it more durable, whereas most other primes are not waterproof. The cooling system is advantageous to ensure longer component life.
- Fully waterproof, an uncommon feature among prime LEDs.
- Control the light with ‘myAI app’ which is free, simple, and quick, you can operate with your smartphone.
- It can provide a limitless number of spectral combinations.
- Various mounting options available, you can utilize all current prime mounting hardware.
- According to some user’s feedback, this light can be a bit noisy.
- A few users complained about the brightness that it is not as expected.
Phlizon Full Spectrum Aquarium LED Light for Coral Reef Tanks
Phlizon is a renowned brand to manufacture many excellent and creative products like planted aquarium lights and marine aquarium lights. The achieved confidence from users for their quality and style. Not unlikely that you can find your match of the best aquarium light in this brand.
Phlizon Full Spectrum Aquarium LED Light can provide a scientific full-spectrum, including white and red light, which is essential for coral growth. With the double dimmer model, you can slowly ramp up/down the light intensity to acclimate your fish and aquatic plants to the new change.
You can adjust two individual channels independently with the dimmer knob and can set the function for day and night. The manufacturer designed this light aiming for healthy coral growth and increase photosynthesis to increase dissolved oxygen in the water. More oxygen means a healthier aquarium environment.
The lighting unit includes cooling fans for quick heat dissipation ensuring longer life. Fans function quietly and won’t disturb you with noise. The metal case of the light looks beautiful; at the same time, it is durable.
Thus it will not only make your fish tank healthier but also decorate your tank perfectly. You can link several lights with power cords, each light contains a power cord, and daisy chains cord is no longer necessary.
- Two separate channels are independently controllable.
- It can emit a full spectrum for healthy coral growth and promote photosynthesis.
- Precisely dimmable with a double timer model.
- You can use this light for freshwater use also. (Versatile)
- They have friendly customer service with 30-days money back guaranty and 1-year warranty.
- We have got a few user feedback about the light is, not working well for coral growth, as the output is hard to control.
Kessil A160WE Controllable LED Aquarium Light
Despite the high price, this aquarium light is quite popular with a significant sell volume, because it meets the specific purpose of lighting a coral aquarium so nicely.
The Kessil A160WE is a unique example of spectral intelligence created aiming the right color blending for optimal coral growth. The manufacturer incorporated a new control system. You can select your desired spectrum with one knob and then adjust the intensity with the other.
This lighting unit can produce wavelengths that mimic the sun and promote photosynthetic absorption. Kessil Logic™ will improve the user experience drastically and boost the light output at both ends of the spectral tuning range by 30%.
The shimmering effect can give the look of natural sunlight on a coral reef, creating a small piece of your ocean. They provide an externally controllable feature with a pair of ports and controllable by an external controller. In a daisy chain series connection, a single external controller is enough.
- It provides straightforward external controllability.
- Capable of producing a spectacular shimmer.
- Provide an efficient heat management system thus ensures better longevity.
- The light is very quiet.
- Some users complained about the control system is not as standard as expected.
Luxbird Aquarium Light 168W LED Coral Light
Luxbird is a relatively new brand for aquarium light. Still, this LED coral light has become very popular within a short period. We have researched the feedbacks provided by the users and enlisted it as one of the best aquarium lights based on so many positive reviews.
Uniformly distributed full-spectrum light can bloom your coral and create a fantastic marine landscape. You can independently control the blue and white channel with a double dimmer and imitate the natural light’s change.
The cooling system is sound, and it is quiet; still, the vendor does not recommend keeping it in your bedroom if you are sensitive to noise. The stylish looking light with the classical black box outlook design will decorate your aquarium nicely. It can meet the requirement of a coral reef tank perfectly.
- Every two LED works independently under the protection of the parallel circuit, thus improves reliability.
- An efficient cooling system ensures longer life of lights.
- Provide sufficient output of full-spectrum to promote coral growth.
- For easy operation features, this light is perfect for beginners.
- They provide friendly customer service.
- You cannot use it in your bedroom, it could be a little noisy if you are sensitive to sound.
- This light is not waterproof.
Hipargero 78W Coral Reef LED Fish Tank Light
Whatever the brand is while choosing the best aquarium light for your aquarium, you will have to check some common and basic things. Among them, the most important thing is the light spectrum characteristics. At the same time, you will check the brand’s reputation for quality and durability.
This LED aquarium light comes with a unique design of a super slim body with aluminum housing. They use top rated LEDs, much brighter and stronger, and can provide an optimal full-spectrum for the coral reef.
You can program for four different effects including sunrise and sunset with a 6-channels lighting system. With proper adjustment, you can create some stunning outcomes of lighting.
They use the customized three in one lens with 97% transmittance with an intelligent working indicator lamp. Altogether they can provide something special for you.
The adjustable aluminum stand makes it easy for installation, and with the adjustable bracket, it is usable for 16-24” aquarium. The high-speed silent cooling fan is capable of controlling the temperature, thus ensure a long lifetime of lights.
- They provide a touch control feature that is easy to operate.
- The cooling fan is silent and efficient.
- The adjustable bracket helps easy installation.
- Quality LEDs can provide an optimal full spectrum for coral and fish.
- They provide a 1-year warranty, 30 days money-back guarantee!
- A few complain we recorded about the metal that became corroded in the touch of saltwater.
The 10 Best Aquarium Lights for Decoration
Most of the aquarium hobbyists, including newbies, love choosing aquarium lights to beautify their feature pieces. We have selected the ten best aquarium lights that can decorate your fish tank elegantly. You can pick the one that suits your choice.
Fluval AQUASKY 2.0 LED Aquarium Light
Fluval is a well-known name in the fishkeeping arena, they created so many quality aquarium products. Now we’ll talk about Fluval AQUASKY aquarium light, and we kept this one at the top of our best decorative aquarium light list.
You can operate this light exclusively with a mobile app, to mimic various seasonal effects from stormy lightning to dense cloud cover. Your fish habitat will get the natural flavor of the whole year’s annual cycle.
In this light, each individual LED casts 120° of illumination, which ensures extensive uniform coverage of light without any dead spot. Each four individual color channels are independently operable, which gives you the convenience to create your lighting environment that suits your aesthetic choice.
- Provides a larger touch-switch surface for stable control without any fuss.
- Straightforward to install with expandable legs.
- It can provide in-depth coverage without a dark spot.
- Waterproof, and it is a great benefit.
- Operable with a mobile app.
- Some users complained about moisture intrusion.
- Only a few users complained about the app that it is not useful.
Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium
This Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium is capable of creating amazing lighting effects in your aquarium. The manufacturer designed this lighting unit primarily for decorating purposes.
Sleek fixtures with superbright LEDs can bring something new for an aquarium. This Sattelite LED will mimic the real-world aquatic conditions in your aquarium. It features creating cloud cover effects, storm effect, and innovative evening modes, including lunar and dusk.
The lighting unit provides 6500k white LEDs and vibrant 445Nm blue LEDs, which are superbly bright. You can precisely adjust the brightness & color of the aquatic environment without moving your body with a single 32-key customizable remote.
Sliding docking legs of this aquarium lights are handy, for quick and easy adjustment. You can also add multiple fixtures in a snap by this feature.
- They provide energy saver, safe to use LEDs.
- The arm mount bracket and sliding docking legs make it straightforward to install and fit.
- It is water water-resistant.
- Easy to control with wireless IR remote.
- The manufacturer designed it as beginner-friendly.
- Some users complained that the water-resistant feature is insufficient to prevent moisture intrusion, and can damage lights.
- Only for freshwater use.
Finnex Stingray 2 Aquarium LED Light
Aquarium lovers are very concerned about decorating their aquarium perfectly so that it reflects their aesthetic choice. Nothing but lights can give a glistening effect in an aquarium.
Finnex Stingray 2 Aquarium LED Light offers many features to beautify your underwater world, and it has become a popular choice among customers. With its tri-color combo, this lighting unit can bring life to an otherwise dull aquarium.
You can switch the light to the moonlight option that gives a stunning appearance to your aquarium, making a mind refreshing company for you.
This aquarium itself very beautiful to look, which adds beauty to your aquarium being almost unnoticeable from a distance. The single cast, the sleek aluminum hood is attractive and stylish.
This light features a moisture-resistant coating to prevent moisture intrusion; thus, it has a longer lifespan than other lighting types. You can use this light for planted aquarium also.
- Moisture resistant Conformal LED coating helps a longer lifetime of lights.
- The Intertek certified power supply is safe to use.
- LEDs are energy-efficient to save your money.
- The sleek metallic design makes it stylish and straightforward to install.
- You can use this light for your planted aquarium.
- The sliding leg adjustment option is for a minimal range.
- Some users complained about the brightness was not as expected.
NICREW Dimmable RGB Aquarium Light
Here is another Nicrew light! We love this brand when it comes to aquarium lights and not unlikely that you will get your best aquarium light in this brand.
There are similarities among all models of this brand about the features they provide. With energy-efficient LEDs, it emits an optimized color spectrum, and its brightness is fully adjustable.There are many different color options, and with remote control, you can choose a color pattern that you prefer.
The structured aluminum alloy shell is good for heat dissipation. It prevents the lights from overheating, ensuring a longer lifetime of LEDs. The adjustable bracket helps straightforward installation on a wide variety of aquarium sizes.
- Provide optimized light output for the healthy growth of fishes.
- Easy to install on various aquarium sizes with adjustable legs.
- The aluminum housing is perfect for heat dissipation.
- Fully remote control color adjustment.
- You can use it for low light freshwater plants also.
- This light is not waterproof.
- Some users complained about the remote controller that it malfunctioned.
BeamsWork DA FSPEC LED Aquarium Light Pent Freshwater
The Beamswork LED aquarium light is available in five different sizes, and they provide energy-efficient high-quality light fixtures.
The manufacturer claims that once you see the effect of Beamswork LEDs, all other lighting brands will be boring to you! And we cannot overlook their claim as it gets very high customer rating points.
You can set daylight and moonlight effects to naturalize the aquatic environment of your fish tank. The Beamswork LEDs achieved goodwill for its durability, and bare a user needs to replace a bulb of this lighting unit. The sleek light fixtures with extendable brackets are easy to install on aquariums of various sizes.
- Provides durable products.
- The light output is perfect.
- LEDs are energy-efficient and safe to use.
- Straightforward to install.
- You can use this light for low light planted aquarium and cichlids also.
- A few users complained the light is not as good for plant growth as the manufacturer claimed.
BeamsWork EA White Blue LED Aquarium
This one is another Beamswork LED light with popular customer review. If you are a beginner and not ready to invest in lights with so many features instead of wanting a quality one, go for it.
This product is capable of providing abundant lighting for your aquarium; at the same time, it is energy-efficient and durable. If you wish to use a timer module somewhen later, no worries you can buy a Beamswork timer module, and your light is compatible with it. You can use a power splitter to hook up more than one light to the same power source.
Users are satisfied with this light as it is a good one for the money. They provide features that make it very easy to install, so if you are a beginner, this one could be your best aquarium light.
- Provides good quality product at a low price.
- Straightforward to install.
- Available in six different sizes.
- It is compatible with the Beamswork Timer Module.
- If you want to have a planted aquarium, this light will not work.
Finnex FugeRay Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights
This light is ultra-thin in design and 10 inches in length. It features a more evenly spaced LED alignment perfect for refugium purposes as well as for aquariums that need low-medium light.
You can activate the moonlight mode in the evening to enjoy the pleasant of moonlight tone, in which a single power cord with two switches allow control of both the daylight LED and Moonlights.
This light features a moisture-resistant PC splash guard to prevent water mishaps. The light is well-engineered for effective heat dissipation. The fixture itself acts as the heat sync to allow ample cooling. The circuit board is of high-quality aluminum.
Altogether, the mentioned features make this lighting unit a long-lasting one.
- Capable of providing durable high light output.
- Comes up with a water-resistant splash guard.
- Practical design for heat dissipation.
- They provide energy-efficient LEDs with two lighting modes.
- A unique leg fixture allows this LED light to mount on aquariums of various sizes.
- This light is not tremendously fancy with so many illuminative options.
Current USA Satellite Plus PRO LED Light
This light is the pro version of the ‘Current USA Sattelite Plus’ model, with some additional exciting features. The manufacturer claims this pro version is not only brighter but also better in every way. It features more color rendition and control, and they call it a ‘simple completeness’!
The adjustable full-spectrum is capable of producing vivid colors and stunning shimmers. You can wirelessly program and control everything, getting a touch of the new generation of simplicity.
You can set a 24-hours effect, including sunrise, sunset, daylight, and moonlight. Slowly ramp up/down of brightness will prevent the sudden shock for your aquatic pets. You can set whether effects like thunderstorm and cloud cover!
This light is straightforward to install, and adjustable legs allow quick and easy adjustment for a wide variety of installation. The Satellite Plus Pro is IP65 rated for waterproof design; it is entirely safe and energy saving.
- Wireless program option to create many dynamic effects.
- Easy to program and control precisely.
- Waterproof and extremely safe to use.
- Easy to install with a wide variety of aquarium sizes.
- Available in four different sizes.
- You have to manually turn the timer back on after power outage.
MingDak LED Submersible Aquarium Light
An underwater light can create a lighting effect that brightly illuminates your fish with dazzling colors you choose. The MingDak submersible LED light with so many color-changing options will bring your underwater world to a whole new level.
You can install LEDs as aquarium background lights and choose whatever color you prefer from 16 solid colors and four various light modes. Each color is individually dimmable so that you can get different color pattern combinations. Color adjustment is super easy with a remote controller.
Suction cups will hold the light firmly with the inner surface of your aquarium. This light is a good quality submersible light with a long life span and energy-saving features.
- Available in five different sizes.
- Provides an extensive array of color option.
- The remote control is handy and super comfortable.
- Suction cups mount tights and convenient to use.
- Safe for underwater use.
- Some users complained, the brightness is not as standard as expected, and they suffered from flickering.
NATEEL LED Submersible Aquarium Light
This one is another submersible aquarium light (IP68 waterproof ), and it is useable for both inside and outside of water. Pretty well light for the money, with 16 different colors and four preset modes.
It is dimmable with an easily operable button. You can adjust the settings as you prefer and enjoy the leisure landscape of your fish swimming around.
NATEEL submersible LED light is an energy-efficient, reliable, and utterly safe aquarium light as we come to know from the user’s feedback.
- Available in four different sizes.
- Reasonable in price.
- It returns to the last settings after a power outage.
- IP68 waterproof certified.
- Provides various options of colors and effect to decorate your aquarium perfectly.
- This light does not fit in properly other than a rectangular fish tank.
How to choose the best aquarium light for your aquarium
It is not unlikely that you get confused while pondering to choose the right aquarium light for your aquarium. Many lights are available in the market, and the vast range of variety and price will confuse anyone easily. We will help you to pick your best aquarium light simply with three considerations.
Fix your aquarium type
To pick the appropriate one, you have to decide your aim, and this one is the first point of consideration. Do you want to have plants on your aquarium? Are you planning for a marine coral reef aquarium? Or you just want to have aquarium lights to decorate your aquarium as per your aesthetic choice?
Answers of these three questions will determine your aim to have an aquarium light. Once you have fixed your target, you can go for searching within the category you aimed at. After you selected your aquarium type, you have to dig down a bit detail.
For example, if you are going to have a planted aquarium, what kind of plants would they be? And for coral reef tanks types of corals and their quantities are determining factor for light selection.
You aquarium size
Now you know what type of aquarium you are going to have, so the next consideration is the size! Suppose you are planning for a planted freshwater aquarium of ten-gallon capacity. You will have to pick a light designed for the planted aquarium and suitable for a ten-gallon size.
The larger your aquarium is, the more light it will need to meet the purpose, very simple! For larger aquariums, people use multiple lighting connected in series, using features like the daisy chain.
You will get many aquarium lights of almost the same specifications but with a various range of prices. Some additional features, control options, and goodwill of brands can create this differentiation in price.
So the budget will play a significant role in your selection process, but don’t worry. As the price range variation is vast, you will definitely get one within your budget. Choose one with the features you need only and don’t pay for the unnecessary songs.
Since aquarium lights are essential from many aspects, they must meet the specific purposes. The light spectrum should be ideal for photosynthesis, plant growth, or promote the growth and color of corals. So, pick your light that suits your aquarium type, size, and budget.
We hope this article will be helpful for you to end up with picking your best aquarium light. We have included 30 lights in our list splitting into three categories. If we summarize the whole article, the best aquarium light should fulfill the requirement for your aquarium and create a healthy environment for aquarium inhabitants.